There were five ships of this class built. Two were captured by the British, L'Unité and La Tourterelle. The records from this First Empire period of French history are sparse and provide no information on her actions before she was taken. Here we look at the Surprise ex L'Unité, famous in her own life for the Hermione exploit, but famous today because of the writing of Patrick O'Brian. 11” Long x 4” Wide x 5” High
- Arrives fully assembled with all sails mounted --- This is not a ship in a bottle kit!
- Real glass bottle with a classic style
- Handcrafted wooden hull and masts
- Cork stopper and melted wax with an anchor impression seal the bottle
- Metal nameplate on wooden base identifies the ship as the HMS Surprise