At the end of the American Revolution, in 1783, the United States began to send ships across the globe in an effort to bolster its fledgling economy. By 1785 the Continental Navy of the Revolution had been dissolved, leading to these ships sailing unprotected in international waters, a move which eventually lead to the creation of the USS Constitution. Emerging as a ferocious, heavily armed vessel, the USS Constitution was on her way to becoming the legend she is today.
11” Long x 4” Wide x 5” High
- Arrives fully assembled with all sails mounted --- This is not a ship in a bottle kit!
- Real glass bottle with a classic style
- Handcrafted wooden hull and masts
- Cork stopper and melted wax with an anchor impression seal the bottle
- Metal nameplate on wooden base identifies the ship as the USS Constitution